Welcome!

I am a handweaver, handspinner, and handknitter who has been fascinated with textiles all my life. Humans have been creating textiles since before recorded time and I feel connected to the ongoing chain of human existence through this medium. I am also a researcher and student of the history of textile and clothing production. As a tangible expression of culture, the preservation of historic methods of textile production (such as handweaving and handspinning) serve as a living legacy of our heritage and teaches about the culture we live in. I welcome you to join me as I continue to learn and explore....


Monday, February 13, 2012

oops!

I don't know what I was thinking when I read the patterns from Plimouth Plantation, but in re-reading them with the repro yarn sitting right next to me I have realized that they ARE, indeed, written for that yarn, they're just knitted with smaller needles than the yarn sleeve calls for.  Doh!  Sorry for the error, folks.  I'll try to be more careful in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment